OMRON Forums

trying simple NC files

tkb11

I'm trying to finish setting up an NC16 / PowerPMAC UMAC for a friend. They have been using the IDE with some success so I think the motor/dencode/axis parameters are close.

My NC program is not behaving the way I think it should.

INC

LINEAR

Z0.05

DWELL(2*1000)

X0.05

DWELL(2*1000)

X-0.05

Z-0.05

M30

The parser does not like either of the first two lines. Weird, heh? We are executing motion programs from the IDE with those lines.

If I remove them the program executes but stops just before the X-0.05 move completes. The position reports as -0.047886. No matter the commanded position it never quite gets there. The program hangs up and I have to abort to get control again. It will stop that same distance from any negative commanded position on both axis (this is a diamond turning machine so only two axis).

I'm sure I've messed something up. Its hard when multiple hands have there fingers in something.

[EDIT] I'm thinking this is exactly the same problem I had getting NC16 to load and run an initialization script. It would not parse it correctly. I got past that by putting the plc script in pp_startup.txt. But I can't do that with NC files forever. I really need those to run after being loaded remotely. I can run .pmc files so I KNOW it is something to do with files downloaded remotely rather than present in the image created by the IDE.

Any clues?

TIA

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Eric! It seems only RS-274 syntax is allowed in the .nc files. After using .pmc files in the IDE environment for a while I missed that!

And the initialization file option in NC16 is really only meant to be used by folks who have the full source code.

I wish the manual were a little better organized. I thought I read it cover to cover.