OMRON Forums

Reliable USB Memory Stick Format

JeffLowe

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does your PMAC always work with USB sticks in a FAT32 format? I'm not sure what you meant by fussy.

Is this possible to include in the Power PMAC?

It should be possible to install the package, if you can find the right version. The 460 is on debian 5 (lenny) with PowerPC so it can be difficult to find a repository still up. If you can find the file I can share instructions.

Here is an example file that should work for Dual/Quad Core ARM https://packages.debian.org/jessie/exfat-fuse

Does your PMAC always work with USB sticks in a FAT32 format? I'm not sure what you meant by fussy.

Is this possible to include in the Power PMAC?

It should be possible to install the package, if you can find the right version. The 460 is on debian 5 (lenny) with PowerPC so it can be difficult to find a repository still up. If you can find the file I can share instructions.

Here is an example file that should work for Dual/Quad Core ARM https://packages.debian.org/jessie/exfat-fuse

Fat32 seems to always work. The fussy statement probably has more to do with me trying various sticks without paying attention to the formatting.

PMAC can read two file formats for USB sticks. FAT32 and Ext4. If you are working from a Linux computer it would be easy to use Ext4 to get around the 4gb file size limit in FAT32.

If you are on a windows computer, I would recommend you transfer the files by FTP.

If you open a file explorer in windows and paste "ftp://192.168.0.200/" into the address bar, that will be the same location as /var/ftp/ on PMAC. I usually use the gather folder for transfers to avoid permissions issues that prevent transfers directly to /var/ftp/ on some CPUs.

• 2 months later...