OMRON Forums

telnet and Windows Communications

Amir

1. I have written a Windows program to communicate with the Power PMAC via Telnet. I can connect and I get the response "OK" after connecting, but there is no prompt to enter username or password. Do I have to do any "do, don't, will, won't" telnet handshaking? Or am I missing something else? 2. I used to use the PMAC.DLL to access the PMACGetResponseA function for my HMI. What is the equivalent and in which DLL for PowerPMAC? 3. Where is the communication library I see reference to on the forum?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amir, Here are the answers: 1. I have written a Windows program to communicate with the Power PMAC via Telnet. I can connect and I get the response "OK" after connecting, but there is no prompt to enter username or password. Do I have to do any "do, don't, will, won't" telnet handshaking? Or am I missing something else? [b]Depending on the Telnet client class you're using username and password can be sent to establish the Telnet communication in different methods. If I have more information on how you're establishing the Telnet, I might be able to help better. However, I would recommend using the Power PMAC Com Library for communicating with the Power PMAC. Please see the answer to the next question[/b] 2. I used to use the PMAC.DLL to access the PMACGetResponseA function for my HMI. What is the equivalent and in which DLL for PowerPMAC? [b]The equivalent to PMAC.DLL or PCommServer.DLL for Power PMAC is called Power PMAC Com. Library. This library allows use of functions like get response similar to PCommServer.[/b] 3. Where is the communication library I see reference to on the forum? [b]Unlike the Power PMAC IDE which is available for download and without any licensing, the Power PMAC Com. Library is a software package which is available for purchase thought our distributor channels.[/b]