OMRON Forums

setting up motors with geobrick

umac-dummy

hello, i am trying to set up 3 identical motors onto the geobrick. they are rotary brushless. here are the motor electrical specs: continous stall torque(Nm)- 2.3 continous stall current(A)- 2.6 rated torque(Nm)- 2.1 rated current(A)- 2.3 rated speed(rpm)- 4500 max speed(300V) (rpm)- 3900 max speed(560V) (rpm)- 7300 peak stall torque(Nm)- 6.9 Max. peak current(A)- 14 resistance line-line (Ohm)- 5.8 indcutance line-line(mH)- 13.5 voltage gradient(V)- 76 motor emf(V)- 610 force constant(Nm/A)- 0.9 # of poles- 8 setting up the geobrick seems straight however, i dont believe i have done the "Motor Info Step" in geobrick setup software accurately. at the moment, the geobrick is set up as: pwm freq- 4.52kHz phase freq- 9.03kHz Servo freq- 2.26kHz Bus voltage- 245-249V rated current (Amp rms)- 2.6 peak current (Amp rms)- 9.8 time allowed at peak current- 2 secs motor rated voltage(Vac rms)- 395 number of poles (optional)- 0 motor resistance phase-phase- 5.8 ohm motor inductance phase-phase- 13.5mH i am unsure if these values used are accurate with reference to the motor electrical specs. in the feedback channel step, i have made channel 1 for #1, channel 2 for #2 and channel 3 for #3. all use same incremental encoder with 8192 pulse per rev. aside from setting up the feedback here, it is required to set up the encoder convertion table as well so as to getting the correct readings? by the way, the halls are connected. i hope someone could help to pin point errors being made...thank you for the help in advance..... umac-dummy

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your input(s) are fine. What seems to be the problem? I am going to guess that you fail the six step voltage test. And my hunch is you need to increase the output percentage to make sure the motor is actually stepping in firmly. Do you see encoder counts in the position window if you move the motor/shaft by hand? Does the motor attempt to move at all? Do you see encoder counts in the allocated step counts in the six step voltage test? does the plot show step-like pulses in the current feedback readings? How many amperes is it showing on the left axis of the plot? Otherwise, you should be able to follow the motor setup procedure described in the manual as well. On another note, my rule of thumb with Geo Brick Drives is to set the PWM Frequency to 9.0 KHz (Phase 9.0 KHz, Servo 4.5 KHz). This produces a smoother current loop, and alleviates white/audible noise generating better performance overall.

thank you for your kind reply... before posting onto the forum, i did not fail the six step voltage test. I also managed to obtain the step like response during the phasing and pid tuning step. the reason for my post was to obtain a confirmation indicating what i am doing is more or less in the correct direction... thank you again richard for your time...