OMRON Forums

Motion Program Motor Speed

bprall

Just getting started with programming a system and trying to make sure I understand how the parameters are determined. My motor axis units seem to be in mm as X10 moves the motor to 10 mm but the speed of say f20 corresponds to like .32 mm/second which seems like an odd number when the encoder counts are 10000 /mm. Servo time is ~ 4.5 khz.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be mm/minute. I can see a setting for the NC configuration that controls this. Is there a setting in the IDE that also sets this? They seem to not be matched as when I set a Jog speed in NC, the value sent to the PLC (which I check with the IDE Motor Control Commision) is a per minute value while it is expecting a /sec value. So I say 1 mm/sec in NC and it writes .016 to the PLC but the PLC is also in mm/sec for the jog speed to it ends up moving in the NC at .016 mm/sec.

Just getting started with programming a system and trying to make sure I understand how the parameters are determined. My motor axis units seem to be in mm as X10 moves the motor to 10 mm but the speed of say f20 corresponds to like .32 mm/second which seems like an odd number when the encoder counts are 10000 /mm. Servo time is ~ 4.5 khz.

You said GCODE with a 10mm move got the correct

Do you get the same speed after f10? 32 mm/msec sounds like our default jog speed. Maybe this is a rapid move? Is there a G0 before the move? If you try G1 X10, does that behave differently?

This might be mm/minute. I can see a setting for the NC configuration that controls this. Is there a setting in the IDE that also sets this? They seem to not be matched as when I set a Jog speed in NC, the value sent to the PLC (which I check with the IDE Motor Control Commision) is a per minute value while it is expecting a /sec value. So I say 1 mm/sec in NC and it writes .016 to the PLC but the PLC is also in mm/sec for the jog speed to it ends up moving in the NC at .016 mm/sec.

I would not suggest using the Commissioning screen to view PMAC speeds/rates, only to set them. If you put Motor[1].JogSpeed into the watch window, it will be shown in Motor Units (mm in your case) per millisecond.