OMRON Forums

Download older Power PMAC firmware

cg92078

Our software is having connection issues with a new Pmac card. Our older Pmac cards were running 2.0.2.14 while the new cards have 2.5.0.4. I would like to test with the old firmware on the new Pmac card to see if the problems persist. I'm not sure where to find the old firmware version. Thanks for your help.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Eric.

So, to change the firmware, I just use the "Delta Tau | Update Firmware" menu item, and provide the powerpmac_smp.deb file from the 2.0.2.14-465.zip (my "cpu" is PowerPC,APM86xxx) archive?

I did not see the 2.5.0.4 firmware version, on my newer Pmac card, on the FileDepot. Is that available somewhere else? Or, is a "Backup" of "PowerPMAC Firmware, Project, System Parameters, Network Settings and Kernel Partition" sufficient to restore the Pmac card to the current 2.5.0.4? I will want to swap firmware versions back and forth, for testing.

Thanks

So, to change the firmware, I just use the "Delta Tau | Update Firmware" menu item, and provide the powerpmac_smp.deb file from the 2.0.2.14-465.zip (my "cpu" is PowerPC,APM86xxx) archive?

Yes

I did not see the 2.5.0.4 firmware version, on my newer Pmac card, on the FileDepot. Is that available somewhere else?

We changed the firmware distribution process a while ago. I believe you would ask your distributor. If you have any trouble with that route let me know.

Also, I would suggest trying firmware 2.3.2.5.

Or, is a "Backup" of "PowerPMAC Firmware, Project, System Parameters, Network Settings and Kernel Partition" sufficient to restore the Pmac card to the current 2.5.0.4? I will want to swap firmware versions back and forth, for testing.

If you have a new enough version of IDE V4 there is a device imaging tool that can be used to create a whole disc image which can be used to restore. It has instructions for what to plug in where. I would recommend using it.

Thanks Eric. I was able to switch firmware versions and test our software. I'm still working on getting those newer firmware version from our distributor. If I run into a wall with them I might be back. Thanks again for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a "lighter" application, other than the IDE, to download firmware to the Power PMAC? I'm thinking of our Field Support personnel visiting a customer and updating their firmware. At this point, our support personnel have not used or been trained with the Pmac IDE. A more focused application that downloaded firmware (or a device image) might be easier or more appropriate for our Field Support personnel.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

In the Firmware folders on File Depot, there is a "Important readme.txt" file that states when upgrading from firmware older than 2.1.0.39 to perform incremental upgrades toward 2.1.1.3. In my case, I want to upgrade from 2.0.2.14 to 2.3.2.5. So I will need to upgrade from 2.0.2.14 to 2.1.0.39 then to 2.1.1.3 then upgrade to 2.3.2.5. Is that correct?

Thank you.