OMRON Forums

unsigned user variable "byte offset" limits

RickJames

I've created a series of ptr statements in a global definitions.pmh file formatted as follows: ptr hmi_do_WH1UprGripRelease->u.user:$108.31.1; The Byte Offsets are sequential and compile up to the previous statement. But when I increment up to the next Byte Offset like: ptr hmi_do_WH1LwrGripRelease->u.user:$112.0.1; It generates a compile error. If I change the 112 to a 0, then it compiles to up to the next byte offset over 108. If I keep changing the over 108 numbers to lower numbers, the error contiues to move down the list. Is 108 the limit for the byte offset for unsigned user data? Rick

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went though the file and renumbered all the byte offets to lower numbers and I still have the same error at the same line. but when I comment out the offending line ( and surrounding lines ) then error messages moves up and down the list. I've included the file for anyone who wouldn't mind taking a look at it. The line generating an error is marked and around line 120. Thanks. Hope someone has a clue to the problem. Rick

You are having byte boundry problems. In the defintion "->u.user:$108.31.1" the "$" means the following number is hexadecimal, just as 0x108 means hex in "C". So your next address should be $10C. If you look at $112 this is 274 decimal which is not divisible by 4 and this is why the defintion is creating an error.