OMRON Forums

how can i make the variable retentive?

pzhuproax.ca

It looks like only I variables are retentive. But I variables are all the motor parameters. I am using CK3E alone with an OMRON NB HMI. For a proper project, i need to use a lot of retentive variables in the program. How can i get these variables?

Thanks,

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest way to do this may be to add them to pp_custom_save.tpl. If you simply list the names of your variables there, build and download the project, and then issue a "save" or "fsave", they should be saved just like an I Variable would be.

That said, are these parameters that you need to be able to save, or just parameters that you want initialized to a specific value? If you simply declare and set them in your project (such as by putting "GLOBAL MyVar = 5" in a file in your "Global Includes" folder), that would also allow them to initialize with your pre-set values.

The easiest way to do this may be to add them to pp_custom_save.tpl. If you simply list the names of your variables there, build and download the project, and then issue a "save" or "fsave", they should be saved just like an I Variable would be.

That said, are these parameters that you need to be able to save, or just parameters that you want initialized to a specific value? If you simply declare and set them in your project (such as by putting "GLOBAL MyVar = 5" in a file in your "Global Includes" folder), that would also allow them to initialize with your pre-set values.

I am using an Omron HMI to communicate with CK3E controller through Modbus Tcp. And I just noticed that save command can only be sent from IDE. Is there any other way I can send the save command through the HMI or plc program in Ppmac?

thanks,