OMRON Forums

Some questions about the power accessory card 24E3

zerbzhang

The firmware version of power CPU is armLS1021a. 24E3 accessory axle card is subdivided into 65536 digital subdivision operation. After the Open-loop test is passed, if the Power PMAC is powered off and then restarted, there will be a certain probability of reverse Open-loop test.

Another problem is the heating problem of the 24E3 channel. The actual measured card temperature is over 70 ℃

If the ambient temperature for the CPU is over 70C, it must be lowered by adding more/better ventilation or cooling.

The CPU is rated for an ambient temperature of 0-45C.

If the motor is reversing directions, your phasing may not be strong enough.

Try phasing the motor at multiple locations and verify that it succeeds at all of them.

The ACC-24E3 axis card exists in both a standard (16384 counts/cycle) version and a version with an optional Autocorrecting Interpolator (ACI), which results in 65,536 counts per revolution. If you have the ACI, then yes, 65,536 is correct. Regardless of which version you have, your UMAC Rack needs a lower ambient temperature.

If the ambient temperature for the CPU is over 70C, it must be lowered by adding more/better ventilation or cooling.

The CPU is rated for an ambient temperature of 0-45C.

If the motor is reversing directions, your phasing may not be strong enough.

Try phasing the motor at multiple locations and verify that it succeeds at all of them.

The ACC-24E3 axis card exists in both a standard (16384 counts/cycle) version and a version with an optional Autocorrecting Interpolator (ACI), which results in 65,536 counts per revolution. If you have the ACI, then yes, 65,536 is correct. Regardless of which version you have, your UMAC Rack needs a lower ambient temperature.

There is another problem: After Power PMAC is started motor [x]. CountError = 1;

24E3 P/N 3-4002A6262-4646-B00 S/N P907081

At present, the problem is that after restarting power PMAC, the Open-loop test direction changes and cannot operate normally. I'm worried that the problem of 24E3 caused the reverse of Open-loop test.

The ambient temperature is 18-22 ℃, and the temperature of 24E3 is above 70 ℃ after one hour of startup and operation. For debugging, I have searched for phases in multiple locations, and I have determined that the wiring of hall is shielded.

Is it normal for the temperature of 24E3 to exceed 70 ℃? This is what I need to confirm

If I can't solve this problem, I can only apply to Omron for repair.

Is it normal for the temperature of 24E3 to exceed 70 ℃?

No, this is not normal.

The ambient temperature is 18-22 ℃, and the temperature of 24E3 is above 70 ℃ after one hour of startup and operation.

The 24E3 should come with a fan meant to be placed just underneath. Is it installed?

Is the 24E3 in a cabinet? Does the cabinet have a fan?

Is it normal for the temperature of 24E3 to exceed 70 ℃?

No, this is not normal.

The ambient temperature is 18-22 ℃, and the temperature of 24E3 is above 70 ℃ after one hour of startup and operation.

The 24E3 should come with a fan meant to be placed just underneath. Is it installed?

Is the 24E3 in a cabinet? Does the cabinet have a fan?

Thanks for your reply.

The electric cabinet has fans. The temperature of other components is normal, including my driver. The power module of power PMAC has a fan, which has been installed correctly, and the CPU temperature is stable at 23-25 ℃. Through reasonable layout of components, the cooling fan of the driver can also cool the power PMAC.

Sorry I was mistakenly thinking we were talking about the environmental temperature like Alex. If a component on the 24E3 itself is 70 C I would not be worried.

At present, the problem is that after restarting power PMAC, the Open-loop test direction changes and cannot operate normally. I'm worried that the problem of 24E3 caused the reverse of Open-loop test.

This is likely unpredictable phasing. What are the values of the following variables?

Motor[x].I2tSet

Motor[x].PhaseFindingDac

Motor[x].PhaseFindingTime

Motor[x].AbsPhasePosOffset

Sorry I was mistakenly thinking we were talking about the environmental temperature like Alex. If a component on the 24E3 itself is 70 C I would not be worried.

This is likely unpredictable phasing. What are the values of the following variables?

Motor[x].I2tSet

Motor[x].PhaseFindingDac

Motor[x].PhaseFindingTime

Motor[x].AbsPhasePosOffset

Motor[x].PhaseFindingDac=200

Motor[x].PhaseFindingTime=10

Motor[x].AbsPhasePosOffset=1877

The values of PhaseFindingDac and PhaseFindingTime are quite low and likely will not lead to reliable phasing. This process has to have the motor and if enough time and current are not provided it can give random results. Motor[x].AbsPhasePosOffset=1877 could be a check that the motor has moved far enough, but that value might not be set up correctly.

It also sounds like you want to be doing halls phasing. I would suggest taking a look at the Brushless Motor Phasing section starting on page 134 of the PowerBrick LV manual available here.

http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/download.php?f=Power%20PMAC/Manuals/Hardware%20Reference%20Manual/Power%20Brick%20LV%20User%20Manual.pdf [FILE REMOVED]

This manual is not exactly the same as your hardware, you will need to change PowerBrick to Gate3. It is just a useful manual to go through the whole setup process because it is a manual for an all in one form factor. It will show you how to either set up Halls Phasing with correction or an automatic method that moves the motor depending on what you prefer.

motor [x]. CountError = 1

I think you mean Gate3.Chan[j].CountError, but set it equal to 0 in a startup PLC.

For these types of questions you should really reach out to your local support channel. If that doesn't work I'm happy to help, I don't want to leave anyone with a PMAC stranded, but please start with them.

• Like 1

The values of PhaseFindingDac and PhaseFindingTime are quite low and likely will not lead to reliable phasing. This process has to have the motor and if enough time and current are not provided it can give random results. Motor[x].AbsPhasePosOffset=1877 could be a check that the motor has moved far enough, but that value might not be set up correctly.

It also sounds like you want to be doing halls phasing. I would suggest taking a look at the Brushless Motor Phasing section starting on page 134 of the PowerBrick LV manual available here.

http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/download.php?f=Power%20PMAC/Manuals/Hardware%20Reference%20Manual/Power%20Brick%20LV%20User%20Manual.pdf [FILE REMOVED]

This manual is not exactly the same as your hardware, you will need to change PowerBrick to Gate3. It is just a useful manual to go through the whole setup process because it is a manual for an all in one form factor. It will show you how to either set up Halls Phasing with correction or an automatic method that moves the motor depending on what you prefer.

motor [x]. CountError = 1

I think you mean Gate3.Chan[j].CountError, but set it equal to 0 in a startup PLC.

For these types of questions you should really reach out to your local support channel. If that doesn't work I'm happy to help, I don't want to leave anyone with a PMAC stranded, but please start with them.

Thanks for your reply