OMRON Forums

motor setup difference between IDE 4.32.19 AND 4.1.0.24

pzhuproax.ca

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I just try to manually set up the motor. At the last step, I try to jog the motor, but it won't move. "motor not moving". I have no problem setup the motor following the instruction from Omron called "Startup Guide G5-series Servo Drivers(IDEV4)" on IDE 4.1. Now I am following the user manual of PowerPMAC IDE O016-E-05, I am not able to jog the motor.

What is your system setup GUI?

Thanks,

What firmware version do you have installed? Somewhere in IDE 4 development, we started required firmware 2.5+ for the tuning done at the end of system setup. The motor may be un-tuned still.

it's 2.5.1.7.

The motor is not tuned. In Tune window, no motor there, motor is offline. Here is the description "Cannot determine Local IP.Cannot determine Local IP.Cannot Determine Host IP".

Is this a ethercat G5 in position mode? It may be that ethercat is not enabled. What are the values of ECAT[0].Enable and ECAT[0].MasterState?

This is an Ethercat G5 in position mode. The Ethercat is enabled.

ECAT[0].Enable=1 and ECAT[0].MasterState=8

Now the motors are moving. I might miss one step before.

But the motors are still not tuned. In the tune window there is no motor.

Now the motors are moving. I might miss one step before.

I'm happy to hear that.

The motor is not tuned.

Since you are in position mode, the motors are tuned in the Amplifier (the G5), not the controller (the PMAC). As long as you can jog the motors.

In Tune window, no motor there, motor is offline. Here is the description "Cannot determine Local IP.Cannot determine Local IP.Cannot Determine Host IP".

Can you give a screenshot?