OMRON Forums

Tunneling thru EtherCAT

DaveBarnett

I was wondering if any users have successfully tunnelled TCP traffic over PPmac Acontis master? We would like to use drive mfg's commissioning tools that already support this connectivity. Beckhoff makes the claim that this "EoE" method is fully supported in EtherCAT. What's the real-world situation here? Thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

I tried to read the manual but the content in the picture in the manual is not readable. 

We want to use this with CK3M with IDE 4.5.1.3. We do get End-point configuration when we right click the master. Can you provide some documentation. We like to communicate with KEBA drive(which does not have separate communication port to drive for setup and monitoring). This drive KEBA has tested with Beckhoff TwinCat system with EoE 

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to communicate to the KEBA drives from my laptop over Omron CK3M over EOE(EtherNet Over EtherCAT) connection and access the drive manager software of KEBA but I am facing issue in configurations.

I have setup ready at my end with CK3M controller with KEBA D3 Drive, I have installed the PMAC IDE4.5.2.9 software on my laptop as well as the KEBA software for accessing the drive manager to configure the drives.

As of now we have successfully able to enable the motor and jog them in order to tune the motors we require the Drive manager software accessed over EoE and this is where we have got strucked.

Below link to access is the setup architecture and some screen shots FYI.

https://dataspace.keba.com/node/778475/details

https://dataspace.keba.com/node/778480/details

Currently we are unaware of the EtherCAT port address of the CK3M, Also we are not understanding how to get the details of the LAN Ports.

Can you guys please help us in getting this EoE communication established?

Regards,

Praveen Jadhav

E: jad@keba.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I also have trouble with KEBA KeDrives and EoE. @ulhasfegade, how did you manage ?

I have a CK3E, several Beckhoff modules including a EL6601, and 3 KeDrives. As I understand, the EL6601 must be set as a swich (default configuration), but what about the drives ? Did you overwrite the drive IP addresses ? According to the documentation I could find, the master set virtual IP addresses, so I should not care about the drive IP addresses. But then, what are the drives virtual IP addresses ? It seems that it should be configured in the EL6601 as "IP range" but I cannot find such an option !

Thanks a lot for the help !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ulhasfegade ! I only see your reply know, thank you.

Right-cliking on System/Master0, I saw the EoE endpoint Configuration. It mentions the TAP windows you are refering too. I followed the linked and installed it but the Endpoint configuration does seem to recognize the driver. Is this step mandatory ? Or the only OpenVPN separate installation suffice to activate the EoE ?  

image.png.f278f16b05851cd897575a7caa57185c.png

In the Master configuration, do I need to select the TAP-Windows as the network adapter ? I cannot find any information about this configuration in OMRON documentation !

image.png.620df07268c4e10f8176469750f47c4d.png

Thanks again for your help !

Yes Steve, and that is unfortunate. Commercials told us EoE was working, so we bought KEBA drives that can only be diagnose using EoE and now I must deal with it. I have been using the CK3E for years (other PPMAC product for decade), and I didn't anticipated such troubles. 

Nevertheless, I followed integrated IDE link to OpenVPN using the EoE endpoint configuration (shame it exists in the IDE without a proper documentation) and the installer does not include the correct TAP-windows version for the IDE (or so it seems). The installer embeds v6 while the IDE waits for v9. I sax that, as you suggested, in the EC-Engineer documentation : https://public.acontis.com/manuals/EC-Engineer/3.6/html/additional-tools.html#eoe-endpoint-configuration

And here is TAP-windows v9 link: https://swupdate.openvpn.org/community/releases/tap-windows-9.21.2.exe

Once installed, the IDE (or its integration of EC-Engineer) finally founds the driver:

image.png.a958725710d3bcd66b22add9b6b65a14.png

Now I am searching for the right Master configuration for making the EoE work. I tried Ulhasfegade  configuration but it doesn't work yet.

1. set IP address for TAP windows virtual ethernet adaptor- 192.168.0.100(from change adaptor setting)

2. Download the completed project in PMAC and start Ethercat.

3. Open EC-Engineer software

4. Configure controller and scan network.

5. Click diagnosis mode in EC Engineer

6. In Keba drive manager change networrk address to 192.168.0.55(or whatever you have set)

7. Now you can go online in drive manager