OMRON Forums

Built-in Matrix Operations in C

MatheusPereira

Hello, I would like to know if is it possible to use the built-in linear algebra operations in a C script for the Kinematics.

For example, to use the Newton-Raphson method to solve kinematics I would need to calculate matrix multiplications and matrix inversion. Using CfromScript(), is it possible to use the built-in matrix operations? Or I would have to create my own matrix operations functions (or try installing an external library like C BLAS)? If it's possible, is there any example available?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can, of course, use all PMAC script math functions in the script portion of the Kinematic routines, but not in C.

However, the Power PMAC C-API has vector/matrix math functions that you can use in your PMAC C-programming (as in “CfromScript()”).

The descriptions for the Power PMAC C-API functions are in the “Help” of the IDE. But note that it wouldn’t “import” properly in versions 3&4.

This can be added manually, though. The files are at this “ftp” location with an instructional PDF document:

"ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/milici/PPMAC%20IDE/Help%20Files/"

You can, of course, use all PMAC script math functions in the script portion of the Kinematic routines, but not in C.

However, the Power PMAC C-API has vector/matrix math functions that you can use in your PMAC C-programming (as in “CfromScript()”).

The descriptions for the Power PMAC C-API functions are in the “Help” of the IDE. But note that it wouldn’t “import” properly in versions 3&4.

This can be added manually, though. The files are at this “ftp” location with an instructional PDF document:

"ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/milici/PPMAC%20IDE/Help%20Files/"

Good to know, that's really useful.

Thank you!