Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Built-in Matrix Operations in C
Hello, I would like to know if is it possible to use the built-in linear algebra operations in a C script for the Kinematics.

For example, to use the Newton-Raphson method to solve kinematics I would need to calculate matrix multiplications and matrix inversion. Using CfromScript(), is it possible to use the built-in matrix operations? Or I would have to create my own matrix operations functions (or try installing an external library like C BLAS)? If it's possible, is there any example available?
You can, of course, use all PMAC script math functions in the script portion of the Kinematic routines, but not in C.

However, the Power PMAC C-API has vector/matrix math functions that you can use in your PMAC C-programming (as in “CfromScript()”).

The descriptions for the Power PMAC C-API functions are in the “Help” of the IDE. But note that it wouldn’t “import” properly in versions 3&4.

This can be added manually, though. The files are at this “ftp” location with an instructional PDF document:
"ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/milici/PPMAC%20IDE/Help%20Files/"
(11-01-2019, 02:17 PM)steve.milici Wrote: You can, of course, use all PMAC script math functions in the script portion of the Kinematic routines, but not in C.

However, the Power PMAC C-API has vector/matrix math functions that you can use in your PMAC C-programming (as in “CfromScript()”).

The descriptions for the Power PMAC C-API functions are in the “Help” of the IDE. But note that it wouldn’t “import” properly in versions 3&4.

This can be added manually, though. The files are at this “ftp” location with an instructional PDF document:
"ftp://support.deltatau.com/DT-USA/milici/PPMAC%20IDE/Help%20Files/"

Good to know, that's really useful.

Thank you!