OMRON Forums

does anyone have a 460EX CPU available for sale?

windell747

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a reason you need a 460 CPU? An ARM CPU should be an upgrade at a similiar price. Other than using EtherCAT (Arm defaults to Acontis) and maybe needing newer firmware than you are currently using, it should be a drop in replacement.

The main reason for the 460EX is that all of my development has been using the 460EX and my configuration file is for that CPU and firmware. I also remember that the way my code is written there might be a possibility that I would need to rewrite some of my code to use newer firmware versions. All of this still needs to be confirmed, but right now even the 465EX isn't "drop in compatible" because I don't know if my current configration is useable without modification. Pretty much Im looking for a spare for the 460EX so if in an emergency if the CPU fails that I would swap it out with another 460EX.

I'll soon be putting in the time to go through with upgrading to our 465EXs and see if the project still works, but haven't found the time to do it yet.

Is there a reason you need a 460 CPU? An ARM CPU should be an upgrade at a similiar price. Other than using EtherCAT (Arm defaults to Acontis) and maybe needing newer firmware than you are currently using, it should be a drop in replacement.

Is this a foreshadowing of a planned obsolescence? In our application the 465ex does not work (tested it, opening and closing windows in the IDE starves the Ethercat IO) and the ARM has some endian issues with some of our code.