OMRON Forums

What's the best method for monitoring a comptable output?

teaguehall

Hi there,

My application currently uses a combination of comp tables. It would be desirable to monitor how much compensation each comp table is applying.

I've run into an issue where I have multiple comp tables pointing to the same motor (e.g. Motor[1].CompDesPos.a). Because of this, it is difficult to determine how much compensation is be contributed by each comptable. What is the best method for monitoring a comp table's output?

In the past, I've had to create "dummy motors" that simply exist such that I can point one of the comp tables at it. This way I can monitor dummy motor's CompDesPos register to see how much compensation is being outputted. This however feels a little "hacky".

Is there a better method available?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, this is the best available method. That being said, the dummy motor does not require any setup, Motor[x].ServoCtrl=1, or even Sys.MaxMotors high enough to contain the dummy motor.

I'm working on a 6 axis system right now (Sys.MaxMotors=7). I can simply add a target and scale factor to my current table and then put Motor[10].CompPos in a watch window

CompTable[0].Target[2] = Motor[10].CompPos.a

CompTable[0].Sf[2]=1

As far as I know, this is the best available method. That being said, the dummy motor does not require any setup, Motor[x].ServoCtrl=1, or even Sys.MaxMotors high enough to contain the dummy motor.

I'm working on a 6 axis system right now (Sys.MaxMotors=7). I can simply add a target and scale factor to my current table and then put Motor[10].CompPos in a watch window

CompTable[0].Target[2] = Motor[10].CompPos.a

CompTable[0].Sf[2]=1

Good info to know regarding Sys.MaxMotors. I've been experiencing some weird issues that may have been caused by setting it unnecessarily large.