Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best method for monitoring a comptable output?
Hi there,

My application currently uses a combination of comp tables. It would be desirable to monitor how much compensation each comp table is applying.

I've run into an issue where I have multiple comp tables pointing to the same motor (e.g. Motor[1].CompDesPos.a). Because of this, it is difficult to determine how much compensation is be contributed by each comptable. What is the best method for monitoring a comp table's output?

In the past, I've had to create "dummy motors" that simply exist such that I can point one of the comp tables at it. This way I can monitor dummy motor's CompDesPos register to see how much compensation is being outputted. This however feels a little "hacky".

Is there a better method available?
As far as I know, this is the best available method. That being said, the dummy motor does not require any setup, Motor[x].ServoCtrl=1, or even Sys.MaxMotors high enough to contain the dummy motor.

I'm working on a 6 axis system right now (Sys.MaxMotors=7). I can simply add a target and scale factor to my current table and then put Motor[10].CompPos in a watch window

CompTable[0].Target[2] = Motor[10].CompPos.a
CompTable[0].Sf[2]=1
(07-15-2019, 03:31 PM)Eric Hotchkiss Wrote: As far as I know, this is the best available method. That being said, the dummy motor does not require any setup, Motor[x].ServoCtrl=1, or even Sys.MaxMotors high enough to contain the dummy motor.

I'm working on a 6 axis system right now (Sys.MaxMotors=7). I can simply add a target and scale factor to my current table and then put Motor[10].CompPos in a watch window

CompTable[0].Target[2] = Motor[10].CompPos.a
CompTable[0].Sf[2]=1

Good info to know regarding Sys.MaxMotors. I've been experiencing some weird issues that may have been caused by setting it unnecessarily large.
Do you mean setting Sys.MaxMotors higher than the default of 32? In that case you want to make sure it is set after the first $$$***, but before the save as it affects how higher numbered coord[x] variables are saved.