OMRON Forums

Is there an updated method for downloading single motion program files?

teaguehall

Referring to this 2008 forum post, (http://forums.deltatau.com/archive/index.php?thread-19.html) downloading single motion programs files seems somewhat difficult.. I'm curious if there is an updated method that doesn't trigger the PMAC to re-download the entire project.

I've attempted the "download selected files" drop down option, however, this causes the project to reload which causes my machine to re-initialize. This is undesirable.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think I can comment on the forum post, but it might work.

A couple ideas:

1. If you want to drag the program into the terminal, but don't want to manually replace variables, you can issue "list prog name" or "list plc name" to get the program, modify it and then drag it back into the terminal.

2. After a build and download all (save and $$$ would require another) you can right click on individual script files not in the global includes folder and select "Download Selected Files". This will also re-download all files in global includes. The linked post seemed to be saying this had problems in the past.

incrementaldownload.png.f6a5b0415c30938bf964ae4822f9c12f.png

Referring to this 2008 forum post, (http://forums.deltatau.com/archive/index.php?thread-19.html) downloading single motion programs files seems somewhat difficult.. I'm curious if there is an updated method that doesn't trigger the PMAC to re-download the entire project.

I've attempted the "download selected files" drop down option, however, this causes the project to reload which causes my machine to re-initialize. This is undesirable.

Any help would be appreciated.

This should not occur when using the “Download Selected Files” unless you have code in “pp_inc_startup.txt”. I have just tested this on my system using IDE vs 3.1.4.0.

Contact ODT support and send a copy of your project to check:

ODT-Support@omron.com