OMRON Forums

PCommserver error

robotic3d

Hello I have an application that is using Pcommserver (4.2.0.11). It's talking to a PMAC-VME 8 axis firmware 1.15T. I know that PewinPro2 suggests to change firmware due to I63 & I64 not available for this firmware version. But I can still use it & communicate with PMAC. Sometimes Pcommserver hangs with the following message: **** Watchdog as tripped or Reset Pressed.Communication to Pmac stopped. Close all applications including PmacServer. If watchdog tripped please do a hard reset or recycle power first. **** The problem is that the watchdog isn't tripped. So what is happening, a Pcommserver bug ? Thanks four help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 years later...
[quote='steve.milici' pid='719' dateline='1285345052'] This is a result of PMAC not responding fast enough especially with multiple threads running. Newer firmware utilizing I63 and I64 can alleviate this. [/quote] I found same problem on my tester equipment that use Pmac mini to control X-Y axis, I try to changed the Pmac card but the problem still happen. Can anybody please kindly advise for this issue. Thank you.