OMRON Forums

Power PMAC IDE Plot Does Not Work in a Virtual Machine

nfgalassi

I'm currently supporting various machines/projects using v2, v3, and v4 of the Power PMAC IDE. Currently I've been using Virtual Machines with Windows 10 OS to keep the versions separate. I've noticed that the IDE Plot tool gather button is always grayed out. And the scope lets me click the play button, but no data is actually gathered. But when I connect from a host machine, it allows me to gather, no problem. I've tried several different power PMACs with various updated firmware. I've trying v2, v3, v4 of IDE. The root issue seems to be the virtual machines. Does anyone have any good information on this? I'm was assuming that the Plot tool connection was a port 22 SSH connection. But maybe I'm mistaken. All other functionality seems to work fine. I've been using it this way for over a year now, so I can confirm that all the watch windows, terminal window, and message buffers work fine. Just hoping someone would have some more information.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like an issue with the functionality of one of the internal communication features (NetCat) of the IDE to Power PMAC used with plotting and some gathering features only. This usually uses port 20002 to get direct access to the PMAC. The IDE was not developed with “virtual machines” in mind and cannot guarantee this port has not been blocked.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like an issue with the functionality of one of the internal communication features (NetCat) of the IDE to Power PMAC used with plotting and some gathering features only. This usually uses port 20002 to get direct access to the PMAC. The IDE was not developed with “virtual machines” in mind and cannot guarantee this port has not been blocked.

Good to know. I'll check traffic on that port and see if there is a conflict. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...