OMRON Forums

amp fault bit location

bradp

I’m not sure if my amplifier fault is set up correctly in the PPMAC. Initially the Amp Fault pointer was set to 0. Now I’ve set it to what I believe is the default (see below): [attachment=1390:name] Initially the “AmpFaultBit” was set to the default value of 23. With that setting the “AmpFault” was always on. So I monitored the “Acc24E2A[4].Chan[0].Status” value. This is what I noticed: [attachment=1391:name] Bit 23 was always on. So I guessed that bit 15 was the bit I should be using. It’s the only bit that changes state when not faulted or faulted. So now the “AmpFault” bit’s never coming on: [attachment=1392:name] I clearly missing something or I’m doing something wrong. Can you advise? Do I just need to do a reset after changing these values?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The PowerPmac is a 32-bit system. The Gate1 is a 24-bit system. In the world of "C" when the PowerPmac reads data from a Gate1 the data comes into the 24 MSBs of the PowerPmac's 32-bit word. You can see this as being a left shift of 8-bits. When you query Gate1[].Chan[].Status in an ASCII method you use command processor. The command processor knows this is only a 24-bit value and gets rid of the low 8-bits since they do not really exist. This is why you need to add 8-bits to what you see when looking directly at Gate1[].Chan[].Status through an ASCII interface. And this is why you must use Motor[].AmpFaultBit=23 for a Gate1.