OMRON Forums

First Time Build Error

bjacot

My first experience trying to use PowerPMAC IDE. I just installed 4.2.0.13, and I'm trying to build a simple a program.

I'm getting a build error:

C:\Users\bjacot\AppData\Local\Temp\hhnds0mq.snl\Temp\PowerPMAC1.ppproj(104,5): error : /usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/4.2.2/../../../../powerpc-405-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread_rt

Project Building and Mapping total time = 2.399 sec

C:\Users\bjacot\AppData\Local\Temp\hhnds0mq.snl\Temp\PowerPMAC1.ppproj(104,5): error : collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Perhaps i didn't install something correctly, and I hope its not something obvious.

Any ideas what this means?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first experience trying to use PowerPMAC IDE. I just installed 4.2.0.13, and I'm trying to build a simple a program.

I'm getting a build error:

C:\Users\bjacot\AppData\Local\Temp\hhnds0mq.snl\Temp\PowerPMAC1.ppproj(104,5): error : /usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/4.2.2/../../../../powerpc-405-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread_rt

Project Building and Mapping total time = 2.399 sec

C:\Users\bjacot\AppData\Local\Temp\hhnds0mq.snl\Temp\PowerPMAC1.ppproj(104,5): error : collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Perhaps i didn't install something correctly, and I hope its not something obvious.

Any ideas what this means?

This seems to happen when a fresh install of the IDE does not yet have the relevant compilers installed, and expects to find specific files/folders for the build process. You can either navigate to the Installers folder in the PMAC install directory & launch the compiler setup.exe for your hardware or connect to the PMAC hardware to trigger the compiler install process.