OMRON Forums

Comp Table issue

JeffLowe

Trying to create a 2 element CompTable to correct axis squareness. The table is using CompTable[15].Ctrl = $4

This should be linear interpolation, non-rollover. The comp generated starts at zero, at half travel my full comp is being applied. It then diminishes back to zero at full travel. It looks like this is doing a mirror instead of holding the last value. Do I need more data points?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't duplicate this problem. My attempt works as it should. Here's what I used:

CompTable[0].Source[0]=1

CompTable[0].SourceCtrl=0

CompTable[0].Nx[0]=1

CompTable[0].Nx[1]=0

CompTable[0].Nx[2]=0

CompTable[0].X0[0]=0

CompTable[0].Dx[0]=10000

CompTable[0].Data[0]=0

CompTable[0].Data[1]=100

CompTable[0].Ctrl=4

CompTable[0].Target[0]=Motor[1].CompDesPos.a

CompTable[0].Sf[0]=1

CompTable[0].OutCtrl=0

As I jog slowly across the range of the table (0 - 10000), the correction increases in direct proportion to the commanded position and saturates at 100 as I go past the end of the defined range. It also saturates at 0 as I pass the negative end.

Why aren't you using the axis definitions to correct for squareness?

In the manual, we show an example of correcting for a 1 arcmin squareness error at 10,000 cts/unit with:

#1->10000X-2.91Y

#2->10000Y

It would be easy to do the same functionality in kinematic subroutines. (You do have to mathematically invert this for the forward kinematics.)

You can do matrix transformations "on top" of this just as for simpler configurations.