OMRON Forums

about ck3e command-kill

linda618

hi,everyone

today when i tested motor jog move,I found that when motor running fast and I send a kill command ,it could not stop quickly and velocity was decreased very slowly ,even than command J/,why?all of parameter is default and the JogTa=0

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The kill command does not tell the amplifier to stop moving the motor, but rather, tells PMAC to stop outputting data to the amplifiers/motors. Because of this, the motors will coast to a stop. If you want a controlled stop, look into the "abort" command, which should bring motors in a given coordinate system to a stop at rates controlled by Motor[x].AbortTa and Motor[x].AbortTs.

The kill command does not tell the amplifier to stop moving the motor, but rather, tells PMAC to stop outputting data to the amplifiers/motors. Because of this, the motors will coast to a stop. If you want a controlled stop, look into the "abort" command, which should bring motors in a given coordinate system to a stop at rates controlled by Motor[x].AbortTa and Motor[x].AbortTs.

Thanks for your reply.I still have some questions.First,"kill" command is like to disable "servo on" ,isn't it?But it didn't work at once until the motor's velocity is zero,is it normal?Second,If motor does jog move,can command"abort" do well?

A kill command immediately opens the motor's servo loop, forces a zero value to the command output, and sets the amplifier enable output to the disable state.

There is no control of the motor in this state, so it will just coast to a stop due to mechanical losses.

Yes, you can abort a jogging motor, so it uses AbortTa and AbortTs for the commanded deceleration profile instead of JogTa and JogTs.