OMRON Forums

CK3M tuning issue

kandauru

Hi,

we have upgraded our system with CK3M controller (previously we had Power Brick controller). The main problem is that we have to tune all motors again, but they are same, why?. All parameters (Kp, Kd, Kvff and others) were dramatically changed.

Kp parameter looks limited to 4-7. if I try to increase it, the plot gets very strange shape. A new UI for tuning motors (I use Power PMAC IDE 4)does not work! Basic tuning feature starts running, but never stops.

Our problem - we cannot reach same behavior of motors with Kp=4. Is there something "undocumented"?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had problems with plotting and tuning because the Windows 10 firewall blocked the DeltaTauGatherProgram. Once I allowed it through the firewall everything worked.

Did you have the filtered PWM or true DAC outputs on your Power Brick Controller and what do you have on the CK3M? The gains will be different if you change between the two types.

I had problems with plotting and tuning because the Windows 10 firewall blocked the DeltaTauGatherProgram. Once I allowed it through the firewall everything worked.

Did you have the filtered PWM or true DAC outputs on your Power Brick Controller and what do you have on the CK3M? The gains will be different if you change between the two types.

We have true DAC outputs on all our controllers.

Hi again,

there are 3 motors connected to same Gate3[0]. From Power PMAC IDE, I enable one of them and jog it, everything is good, if I enable any other motor and jog the same motor, the strange noise is coming from the motor.

( in both directions ). It happens like this with two others too. We have have checked electrical wiring and found that it is OK.

Any idea why it might happen?

Thank you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

there are 3 motors connected to same Gate3[0]. From Power PMAC IDE, I enable one of them and jog it, everything is good, if I enable any other motor and jog the same motor, the strange noise is coming from the motor.

( in both directions ). It happens like this with two others too. We have have checked electrical wiring and found that it is OK.

Any idea why it might happen?

Thank you in advance.

If you don't need to change the DAC Strobe when using CK3M, you can use the default value.

You should check the Gate3.Chan[j].CountError to see if the feedback signal is disturbed.