OMRON Forums

RESOLVED - Problem with Channel Nr. 2

hannsx

System: PowerBrickLV, Axes 1-4 5/15A, Axes 5-8 1/3A

While setting up my PMAC for the control of drives on our machine I could not get anything on Channel Nr.2 to run. I wanted to run a 2-Phase stepper motor from oriental motors, with 0.9°/full step. It ran as desired on Channel nr. 4. So to eliminate possible programming errors I just copied the working code to Channel Nr. 2 replacing the variables accordingly. But the Motor just turns hot after a while.

Is there a mistake I could have made?

How do I know if the channel is broken?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update - I was able to get a Brushless to run on that channel from another Project-file. I don't know what to make of it. I'll search for errors related to PowerBrick[0].Chan[1] in the Project having the trouble. I'll try to get a single stepper to run in another Project-file now as well. Any hints to typical mistakes are welcome

Update - The Stepper in a separate Project-File runs on Gate3[0].Chan[2] but not on Gate3[0].Chan[1].

Just like I wrote in my inital Post. One more strange fact is that the Motor does still holds its position after I have killed

it, so it is still powered. I can provide the Files if someone wants to look into them.

Update - When I kill the Stepper on Channel two it still has a holding force. Strangely I can not measure any Voltage on the either phases. I can only measure 0.12mV between phase 1Out and phase 2In. However I can not measure any current apart from negligible 0.3uA.

When I plut the Stepper in, it gets locked to a phase again. I also thought of maybe having written a value to a IO register when I experimented with the Analog I/O Output but that should have been set back to the default on any PowerOnReset and when I checked the registers I coudln't find any errors

• 4 months later...
Update - As I had time to look at the problem again I got another Stepper to run on Gate3[0].Chan[1]. So It must've been some hardware Problem on the motor side. Unfortunately I can't recosnstruct exactly which connectors and motor I ran there but either way it rules out the pmac.