OMRON Forums

PowerBrick Controller Power Consumption, I/O Current

ricky_v8

I'm trying to determine if the power requirement listed in the PowerBrick Controller manual includes the current when all outputs are driving a load. It lists logic power as 24V 5A, but does not mention outputs.

On the related topic, how much current are the outputs on the PowerBrick Controller capable of sourcing/sinking? I have some 100 mA loads that I would like to drive with the sourcing outputs directly, but I can't find much info in the manual.

I noticed the PowerBrick uses the same beefy output FETs that are used in the ACC-65E, and that card's manual lists 0.6A per digital output, or ~300 mA if all 24 outputs are in use. This leads me to believe the PowerBrick digital outputs are also capable of this, but I'm not certain.

I suspect I will need to add the current sourced by the digital outputs to the 24V 5A logic power required for the PowerBrick Controller.

Can anyone confirm the digital output drive current capability, and that I will need to add this additional current requirement to the logic power?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to determine if the power requirement listed in the PowerBrick Controller manual includes the current when all outputs are driving a load. It lists logic power as 24V 5A, but does not mention outputs.

On the related topic, how much current are the outputs on the PowerBrick Controller capable of sourcing/sinking? I have some 100 mA loads that I would like to drive with the sourcing outputs directly, but I can't find much info in the manual.

I noticed the PowerBrick uses the same beefy output FETs that are used in the ACC-65E, and that card's manual lists 0.6A per digital output, or ~300 mA if all 24 outputs are in use. This leads me to believe the PowerBrick digital outputs are also capable of this, but I'm not certain.

I suspect I will need to add the current sourced by the digital outputs to the 24V 5A logic power required for the PowerBrick Controller.

Can anyone confirm the digital output drive current capability, and that I will need to add this additional current requirement to the logic power?

Hi

Yes, the output circuits are very similar to the ACC-65E. I recommend that you use a separate 24VDC 5A supply for the I/O so you retain Opto-Isolation between the I/O and the Brick logic power.

-Chris