Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACC-72EX Profinet setup?
So we're setting up a machine to use a Power Brick with a Siemens PLC. We have the 72EX card installed, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to set it up for Profinet! I've read the manual, and it just looks like handwaving unless you're setting up ENIP.

I was encouraged to read about a "ACC-72EX Setup Assistant Software", but was unable to locate it, and I can't tell if that would even be of use to me.

Has anyone here set one up for Profinet, or does anyone know what that would look like? Thanks everyone!
I use it with another bus (cclink) but basically the ACC72EX is a "carrier" for a Hilscher communication module and interfaces the PPMAC to the module's DPRAM
On the manual is a ACC72EX init PLC and date exchange script PLCs, but you still have to program the Hischer ComX with Sycon.net AFAIK
(04-05-2018, 11:51 PM)tecnico Wrote: I use it with another bus (cclink) but basically the ACC72EX is a "carrier" for a Hilscher communication module and interfaces the PPMAC to the module's DPRAM
On the manual is a ACC72EX init PLC and date exchange script PLCs, but you still have to program the Hischer ComX with Sycon.net AFAIK

So I've got the Sycon.net open, and I don't see any reference to an ACC-72EX device.

How did you get that talking?
Sycon doesn't talk to ACC72Ex but only to the module mounted on the ACC72Ex (Hilscher COM-C or COM-X) vua the micro usb port in the front panel of the ACC72EX.

On the PMAC side there is a example PLC in the manual that enables data communication between the module and the host system (PMAC)