OMRON Forums

Pmac board styles

andreslobo

I have several old electric presses, all with Pmac pc 4 channel boards in them. As a part of risk management I bought a used Pmac pc with a pmac pv cpu to have as a swap out replacement just in case. From the limited reading I have done it appears as though it is 8 channel. The question is, if I set the jumpers the same as the old board, load the same firmware as the old board (everything is flash and I have the motion program), download the pmac programs, and plug it in should it work? Thanks in advance

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the board you have is a functional board, whether 4 or 8 axis you should be able to copy the same configuration file from your current controllers and run it on the other board. However, depending on the type of CPU, you may want to get the same firmware chip/software loaded in order to maintain the same functionality. About the Jumper settings, if the part number of the base boards are the same, just set them exactly like your original board. If the part numbers are different, let us know and I'll try to find your the manual for each of them, so you can compare each jumper functionality. The part numbers are usually a 6 digit number starting with 602xxx or 603xxx.

[quote='Sina' pid='645' dateline='1282582361'] The part numbers are usually a 6 digit number starting with 602xxx or 603xxx. [/quote] Sina Thanks much for the info. I set the jumpers the same on both boards, pulled one from the rack and replaced it with the new one. It was recognized by pewin, had the green and yellow led lights on. But where the heck do I find the part number on the board. On the base board I can only find pmac pc, are the numbers hidden under the daughter board?[hr] Sina Looked at the back of the board, it is a 602191-103 serial number 9632 with a 602705-103 daughter board sn 331. I'd appreciate info on it.

[quote='andreslobo' pid='646' dateline='1282586429'] But where the heck do I find the part number on the board. On the base board I can only find pmac pc, are the numbers hidden under the daughter board? [/quote] Usually the part numbers are on the top side of the board, close to the name of the board. But in older PMAC PCs, the part number can be found on the back side of the board, close to J4 connector. See the following image: [attachment=1381:name]

[quote='Sina' pid='651' dateline='1282664488'] Here is the manual for PMAC-PC boards (602191). Sina Thanks so much and I will contact them for firmware. I am pretty certain that I now have enough information to do a board swap when that dark day arrives.

• 1 month later...
The drivers for PMAC-PCI (including Mini) are purchased items. They are installed with any Delta Tau software product. The two main software products are: 1. PEWIN32-Pro2 Suite: Primary communication and setup tool for PMAC configuration development. 2. PcommServer32 Pro2: Communication libraries for writing host (PC) applications You can download a 30 day trial version of the PEWIN32-Pro2 Suite from our WEB-site at: http://www.deltatau.com/common/support/downloads.asp?connectionStr=release You can download the documentation at: http://www.deltatau.com/manuals/pdfs/PEWIN%2032%20PRO%202%20SOFTWARE.pdf?id=634215223481685098 The communication libraries do not have a trial version - but you can view details about this software package at: http://www.deltatau.com/Common/products/toolsandlibraries.asp?connectionstr=release&node=id544 To purchase the full versions of any software product or for pricing and delivery please refer to your local Delta Tau distributor. Please use our sales/distribution locator at: http://www.deltatau.com/common/sales/distributorsandintegrators.asp?connectionStr=release