OMRON Forums

Compiling Fortran on PPC

zros

I am interested if anyone has compiled Fortran for the PowerPC (specifically the 460EX). Are there executables and libraries available for doing this from DT? I have a developer that has Fortran source that I'd like to run in user space.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen fortran on a PMAC before, but it looks like it just boils down to installing and using a linux package. Take a look at our network time app note for a description of how to install packages on a PMAC.

http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/download.php?f=Power%20PMAC/Application%20Notes/Network%20Time%20on%20Power%20PMAC.PDF [FILE REMOVED]

And remember to take an image of your PMAC before you try.

I am the developer "zros" is referring to.

The DT IDE uses the cygwin cross compilers to make powerpc object files from c and c++ source files (I am using them without problem). I am trying to compile openBlas library for powerpc (FORTRAN source).

Is it possible to get a fortran cross compiler for cygwin used in DT IDE?

As you noticed we only have cross compilers for c and c++. Unfortunately we will not make a cross compiler for Fortran, you can compile your code on the Power PMAC once you get the Fortran compiler and libraries installed.