OMRON Forums

RESOLVED - IDE3 - Firmware Dialog Never Shows ? PMAC Time Travel ?

Unit101

I wonder if I'm only person with this issue ?

It is unique to my PC and monitors. If I run IDE in a VMachine it is ok, running on a different PC ok. But on my laptop this has been issue since the first version of IDE 3.x and now is worse.

Basically when go to Delta Tau - Update Firmware - NO Dialog appears.

Used to be I see it then it goes away. After several tries it is shown, then if restart IDE I would have several Firmware dialog windows available.

Now with newest IDE 3.1.1.0 I only see a Firmware dialog when starting IDE and it appears in lower right corner of monitor for seconds, then gone forever.

I've tried many tricks to make all windows appear, Cascade... all the other IDE type windows, like Backup Restore will appear... but NEVER Firmware.

As said works ok in a virtual machine or different PC...

There is something different about how it is created in this IDE and can't be found.

Must be related to my hardware, drivers, monitors but happens no matter if just on laptop or with multiple monitors.

See attached file, it shows the firmware dialog as it appears for few seconds when starting IDE, then it vanishes to a different dimension ?

Or maybe it is still in the real world and the IDE makes me jump to a different dimension ? Can PMAC be used for time travel ?

Notice in screenshot the Firmware is attached to a Velocity dialog ? Something is fishy...

Thanks,

bigcat

vanishingFirmware.pdf

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laptop - and yes when in office it is connected to external monitors.

But even then the window is not visible.

Searched all the docking windows still can't see it, as Brad mentioned.

Tried all the tricks I can find to make windows show up and no go...

tried changing resolutions...

So no matter if on just laptop monitor or 3 monitors, no mater the resolutions the firmware window pops up at startup then goes away.

No other application does this on my system.

So this is interesting....

I go to IDE Window - Auto Hide All - all the open windows retreat and hide around the edges. NOW go to Window - Reset Window Layout - yes and bang you can see the missing window(s) for about 5 seconds... then they go away...

See the attachment - it shows the IDE center, then lower right corner a Status window and the elusive Firmware window... but they disappear never to be seen again.

Note most of the windows like Status, Encoder, Firmware do this same thing.. they pop up then go away... but if I do it again they will show up, however the others are still out there just hidden... in the case of Firmware... it just never comes up... sits out there forever hidden away.

Next time at ODT I'll for sure show you guys... used to be I could find the windows eventually (v 3.0.1) but with 3.1.1 the firmware window and others have gone to a different dimension.

I just can't use IDE for firmware... use USB instead.. more of a nuisance, but I put this post out there in case anyone else sees this... I guess not.

IDE-HiddenWindows.pdf

Laptop - and yes when in office it is connected to external monitors.

But even then the window is not visible.

Searched all the docking windows still can't see it, as Brad mentioned.

Tried all the tricks I can find to make windows show up and no go...

tried changing resolutions...

So no matter if on just laptop monitor or 3 monitors, no mater the resolutions the firmware window pops up at startup then goes away.

No other application does this on my system.

So this is interesting....

I go to IDE Window - Auto Hide All - all the open windows retreat and hide around the edges. NOW go to Window - Reset Window Layout - yes and bang you can see the missing window(s) for about 5 seconds... then they go away...

See the attachment - it shows the IDE center, then lower right corner a Status window and the elusive Firmware window... but they disappear never to be seen again.

Note most of the windows like Status, Encoder, Firmware do this same thing.. they pop up then go away... but if I do it again they will show up, however the others are still out there just hidden... in the case of Firmware... it just never comes up... sits out there forever hidden away.

Next time at ODT I'll for sure show you guys... used to be I could find the windows eventually (v 3.0.1) but with 3.1.1 the firmware window and others have gone to a different dimension.

I just can't use IDE for firmware... use USB instead.. more of a nuisance, but I put this post out there in case anyone else sees this... I guess not.

If the Firmware Update/Backup window is off-screen, you can get it back by clicking on Delta-Tau, select the Firmware Update option as usual so it gets activated/focused although you may be unable to see it, press ALT+Space, press M, press any of the arrow keys (up/down/left/right) then move the mouse widely towards either right, left, top or bottom until you begin to see the window again.

Hope this helps.

Booyah... thanks dougjr17.... however the arrow keys not work... BUT I just did Maximize and now it appears....

I can then work with it and close it as needed.

So solution is to "Delta Tau - Update Firmware - Alt+Space - Maximize"

Great should work for any window that does this... often I see other like Status or Encoder do the same...

However every time I open it... it flashes and goes away, then I do this trick to maximize and I can get to it.

So a bit strange but no biggy with this work around.

Thanks ....