OMRON Forums

PwerPMAC IDE v3.1.1.0

jhendges

I installed the newest version of the IDE this morning (v3.1.1.0) and have had several issues with it so far. First off I uninstalled the older version of the IDE as requested by the new versions installer, but after the installation would just hang. I had to uninstall the compilers for 460 and 465 and reboot before I could get the installer to successfully install.

After the installation I opened a project and found that the fonts and colors settings for the IDE pertaining to PMAC items are completely gone, so all of my code in the editor windows is now the same color. Is there any way to get these options back in the IDE? The options I am talking about are located in Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors under the display items list.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated form v3.0.1.0, and the fonts/colors that weren't working as they were in the previous version was in the editor window. The rest seemed fine and I don't really care about those as much.

What IDE version did you upgrade from? I think these settings are stored differently for 2.x vs 3.x.

Also, are you just talking about the editor window, or are you also concerned with fonts/colors in other windows (terminal, position, etc)?

To expand up on the issues, I uninstalled the latest version that I installed earlier today and can no longer install any version we have of the PowerPMAC IDE on my computer. When I run the setup.exe it simply looks like it is going to start and then doesn't do anything. The process doesn't even show up in the task manager of windows. When I run the .MSI installer directly it tries to start installing the software but pretty much instantly throws the following error: "Failed to create 'DTBUILDPATH' environement variable." I've also attempted to uninstall the visual studio shells and reinstall them, however this made no difference in my ability to install the IDE. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get any version of the IDE to install?

One of my co-workers was attempting to install the newest version, but the installer crashed and not he cannot install any version of the IDE either. He is getting the exact same errors that I am.

Are you right-clicking and selecting run as administrator when you install. Even when you are an administrator I have had situations where this helped. Also when you run the IDE you should also do this and see if it changes anything. It is a quick test and has often given success.

Hi Brad,

I'm Jhendges co-worker. I've been using the "Run As Administrator" option when I run the setup program and I had the same problems with the setup program failing to start.

While trying to install the IDE I noticed that there were multiple instances of "msiexec.exe" running in Task Manager. Every time I'd try to run the IDE setup, another instance of msiexec.exe would appear and sit at 0% CPU.

Eventually, I started killing instances of msiexec.exe and the IDE install suddenly started again. It took a couple of tries but killing the MS install processes this way finally resulted in a good install. The IDE is now up and running fine.

It just seems to me that the uninstall process for the V3 IDE (3.0.1.0 specifically) left some stuff on my system that caused grief for subsequent IDE setup programs. I just got lucky in that killing stuff in Task Manager got the install running again.

I'm running Win7 64-bit Professional.

Do not give up, do not surrender.

I only took me 3 days this week to get my IDE upgraded and almost everything working as it used to fine.

I had one persistent error that said my variable mapping failed do I want to continue?

The fix was to download the same project to a DIFFERENT PMAC CPU, went from CK3E to Power Clipper, so it used a different compiler.

After that went back to same project and downloaded to CK3 with no issues.

Also the logs are now clean, before complained about not able to open or read some files...

I also had to un-install all compilers. Tried to re-install as admin using setup.exe but still had issues. Again uninstall, and then when download IDE did the install and it was happy ever after.

This full uninstall stuff is a joke... within a major version should be able to simply patch and go... need more resources dedicated to version control. And don't even ask which version of firmware is supported by which version of IDE ???

Don't give up, don't surrender.

Are you right-clicking and selecting run as administrator when you install. Even when you are an administrator I have had situations where this helped. Also when you run the IDE you should also do this and see if it changes anything. It is a quick test and has often given success.

No change. I'm still getting the "Failed to create 'DTBUILDPATH' environement variable." and then the installer shuts down. I was able to install version 2 back on my computer which I promptly uninstalled since all of our projects are built in version 3 now.

If the project is a new project and resident on the local drive, no network and no share, then I am out of suggestions at the moment and I think someone from ODT support in USA needs to pick up this thread.

Originally my issue was that the PMAC font colors were missing so I attempted to uninstall the IDE and go back to version 3.0.1.0. My problem now is that I cannot install any version of the IDE 3.0+, so I don't have anything to even attempt to open projects with.

Eric,

I understand some things are easier to handle through support and phone calls. But it would be helpful to end this thread with the resolution that you finally find. Otherwise everyone else who has this or similar issue can not use the forum to fix their problem. So please, once you know the solution please add it to the thread.

I installed the newest version of the IDE this morning (v3.1.1.0) and have had several issues with it so far. First off I uninstalled the older version of the IDE as requested by the new versions installer, but after the installation would just hang. I had to uninstall the compilers for 460 and 465 and reboot before I could get the installer to successfully install.

After the installation I opened a project and found that the fonts and colors settings for the IDE pertaining to PMAC items are completely gone, so all of my code in the editor windows is now the same color. Is there any way to get these options back in the IDE? The options I am talking about are located in Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors under the display items list.

It sounds like you inadvertently downloaded and installed the FULL 3.1.1.0 release package (approximately 2GB) instead of the UPDATE PATCH from 3.1.0.6 to 3.1.1.0 (approximately 40MB) - either that or your prior version was not 3.1.0.6, thus resulting in the experienced request to uninstall prior version during the install process. The UPDATE PATCH can be found here: http://www.deltatau.com/DT_SoftwareDownload/SoftwareUpdates.aspx (second entry - the main download link under Software where you click on a logo/pic to download IDE is the FULL release, not the update patch).

Last time I experienced similar botched installation, I ended up manually uninstalling PowerPMAC IDE, PowerPMAC Compiler(s), Acontis EC Tool, MySQL Server 5.0 and WinPCAP in Control Panel, followed by carefully removing original installation paths (after rebooting - some of these will be locked/in-use until you reboot):

1) C:\DeltaTau\

2) %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Omron Delta Tau Data Systems\PowerPMAC IDE\3.0

3) %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Omron_Delta_Tau_Data_Syst (this is not a misspelling - ends with Syst)

4) %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Omron Delta Tau Data Systems\PowerPMAC IDE\3.0

5) %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\DeltaTau

6) C:\ProgramData\DeltaTau\PowerPMAC IDE\3\Database

7) %UserProfile%\Documents\Visual Studio 2015

8) Deleted Following Registry Key (and its subkeys):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Omron Delta Tau Data Systems

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Delta Tau Data Systems Inc

Disabling antivirus, ensuring you right-click and run-as-admin, sticking to default installation paths, properly unzipping installation file in a safe local folder (desktop usually works great) prior to installing (and right-clicking/properties + select UNBLOCK to ensure file not marked as unsafe) = winning tips that have previously cost me timeouts or silent abortions during install.

Good Luck!

It sounds like you inadvertently downloaded and installed the FULL 3.1.1.0 release package (approximately 2GB) instead of the UPDATE PATCH from 3.1.0.6 to 3.1.1.0 (approximately 40MB) - either that or your prior version was not 3.1.0.6, thus resulting in the experienced request to uninstall prior version during the install process. The UPDATE PATCH can be found here: http://www.deltatau.com/DT_SoftwareDownload/SoftwareUpdates.aspx (second entry - the main download link under Software where you click on a logo/pic to download IDE is the FULL release, not the update patch).

Last time I experienced similar botched installation, I ended up manually uninstalling PowerPMAC IDE, PowerPMAC Compiler(s), Acontis EC Tool, MySQL Server 5.0 and WinPCAP in Control Panel, followed by carefully removing original installation paths (after rebooting - some of these will be locked/in-use until you reboot):

3) %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Omron_Delta_Tau_Data_Syst (this is not a misspelling - ends with Syst)

Disabling antivirus, ensuring you right-click and run-as-admin, sticking to default installation paths, properly unzipping installation file in a safe local folder (desktop usually works great) prior to installing (and right-clicking/properties + select UNBLOCK to ensure file not marked as unsafe) = winning tips that have previously cost me timeouts or silent abortions during install.

Good Luck!

GREAT POST - this needs to be STICKY to PERMENANT - HOW TO INSTALL

I did not even know of the PATCH

WHY is the PATCH NOT on the Software DOWNLOAD WEB PAGE ?

80% of people are updating....

We make it so hard for ourselves and customers.... and we earn the reputation that DT is very hard to work with....

We make it so hard for ourselves and customers.... and we earn the reputation that DT is very hard to work with....

-------------------------------------------------------------

Did I just get a breath of fresh air...?

All the installation are on the website including patch.

http://www.deltatau.com/DT_SoftwareDownload/SoftwareUpdates.aspx

Good Luck!

GREAT POST - this needs to be STICKY to PERMENANT - HOW TO INSTALL

I did not even know of the PATCH

WHY is the PATCH NOT on the Software DOWNLOAD WEB PAGE ?

80% of people are updating....

All the installation are on the website including patch.

http://www.deltatau.com/DT_SoftwareDownl...dates.aspx

• 8 months later...

Hi Brad,

I'm Jhendges co-worker. I've been using the "Run As Administrator" option when I run the setup program and I had the same problems with the setup program failing to start.

While trying to install the IDE I noticed that there were multiple instances of "msiexec.exe" running in Task Manager. Every time I'd try to run the IDE setup, another instance of msiexec.exe would appear and sit at 0% CPU.

Eventually, I started killing instances of msiexec.exe and the IDE install suddenly started again. It took a couple of tries but killing the MS install processes this way finally resulted in a good install. The IDE is now up and running fine.

It just seems to me that the uninstall process for the V3 IDE (3.0.1.0 specifically) left some stuff on my system that caused grief for subsequent IDE setup programs. I just got lucky in that killing stuff in Task Manager got the install running again.

I'm running Win7 64-bit Professional.

This worked for me. Killed the other instances from the task manager and it installed.