OMRON Forums

example program of TCP/IP communication

hongchinlin_992x

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We only have examples that use our communication library and these come as part of that software package. The base functions of this library really just wrap the standard Telnet, SSH, FTP functions and make them easier to use. Other than that all that is really happening is a network link between a Linux OS and a Windows OS so people who will not use our library will just follow standard programming procedures for the programming language they are using (C#, VB, Python) to open a telnet, SSH, Ftp session connected to the other computer which in this case is Power Pmac. Then if they want to send commands to and from the PPmac application they will start GpAscii. The best example of this is using the CMD window from Windows XP. Here you just start the CMD window, enter the Telnet command followed by the IP of Power Pmac and you will connect. Once you issue the user name and password you can browse the system. If you enter GpAscII you can communicate to the Power Pmac via the Ascii port. 1. What programming language were you going to use? 2. Do you plan on using our communication library? If so it is best to look at the example programs in that library.

I am trying to set up a hardware-in-the-loop simulation, which has the PPMac controller uses TCP to exchanges control signals and plant responses with a Simulink plant model in PC. I have an example C program for the Linux side, but don’t have one for the Windows side. I am programming with C language. Where can I down load the communication library?

The way I know we do the in-the-loop simulation with Simulink is that we configure Simulink to use our communication library. Then at the locations in the Simulink model where data must be exchanged with Power PMAC you use a Simulink s-function to either send or get the needed data. I wonder about the statement that you are programming with C because this means you aretrying to do something other than I mentioned above. So what do I have wrong?

• 3 years later...
[quote='bradp' pid='626' dateline='1281652172'] The way I know we do the in-the-loop simulation with Simulink is that we configure Simulink to use our communication library. Then at the locations in the Simulink model where data must be exchanged with Power PMAC you use a Simulink s-function to either send or get the needed data. I wonder about the statement that you are programming with C because this means you aretrying to do something other than I mentioned above. So what do I have wrong? [/quote] I will be developing an in-the-loop simulation with Simulink to send data to a Turbo PMAC from an s-function using ethernet communication. Page 417 in the Turbo PMAC User Manual documents the use of the VR_PMAC_WRITEBUFFER packet, where it appears that on-line TURBO PMAC commands are used as an example for the packet data. Are all of the on-line TURBO PMAC commands available for use with the WRITEBUFFER packet? I see the on-line TURBO PMAC command specs documented in the Turbo PMAC Software Reference Manual (TURBO SRM) beginning on page 254. For what implementation is the use of the TURBO PMAC Program command specs appropriate, beginning on page 405, which dupicates some of the on-line commands? Can the TURBO PMAC Program command specs also be used as command data for the WRITEBUFFER packet?