OMRON Forums

Enc direction with ACI

JeffLowe

I am using an ACC24E3 with the ACI option. This motor is running "motor in phase" so I have set both the Encable.penc, and Motor[x].pPhaseEnc to Gate3[x].Chan[x].SerialEncDataA.a. My issue is my feedback sense is inverted from what I need. Changing Gate3[x].chan[x].EncCtrl between 3 and 7 with Sys.WpKey=$AAAAAAAA has no effect. Is there a certain point in time that the FPGA reads EncCtrl that I am missing in trying to set it in a terminal window? Or does EncCtrl just not work when using the Serial Encoder Position?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The EncCtrl element in the ASIC only determines the direction sense of the incremental encoder decoding.

The ASIC does not have a setup element to change the direction sense of the numerical serial encoder value it receives. However, the Encoder Conversion Table entry has a scale factor that multiplies the number it receives before passing it on to the motor feedback. If you change the sign of EncTable[n].ScaleFactor, you change the direction sense of the position value the motor uses for servo feedback.

The direction sense used for servo feedback does not need to be the same as that used for phase commutation, even if both originally came from the same value.