OMRON Forums

Ecat connection not established

desai gururaj

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you reboot your Power Brick, are you also rebooting all of the EtherCAT Slaves?

If issuing a "$$$" works, but power cycling the brick does not, it sounds like there is a timing condition where power cycling causes EtherCAT to try to enable before something is ready, whether that is one of the slaves or something else. The easiest fix is most likely to add a timer to the start of your PLC so that it waits longer before it tries to enable EtherCAT. The better fix is to add a while loop with a timeout value to the PLC which will wait until all of the slaves and master are prepared to enable EtherCAT (waiting until the master and all slaves are in PREOP/state = 2), then issue the commands.

When you reboot your Power Brick, are you also rebooting all of the EtherCAT Slaves?

If issuing a "$$$" works, but power cycling the brick does not, it sounds like there is a timing condition where power cycling causes EtherCAT to try to enable before something is ready, whether that is one of the slaves or something else. The easiest fix is most likely to add a timer to the start of your PLC so that it waits longer before it tries to enable EtherCAT. The better fix is to add a while loop with a timeout value to the PLC which will wait until all of the slaves and master are prepared to enable EtherCAT (waiting until the master and all slaves are in PREOP/state = 2), then issue the commands.

Thank you for help, yes i am rebooting all salves and master, can write me a while loop for plc...?

Thank you for help, yes i am rebooting all salves and master, can write me a while loop for plc...?

the ethercat link between drive and controller is not happening,