OMRON Forums

cross compiling

piefum

Hi all

I need to install on my Power Brick LV a series of C libraries that I'm going to use on an application that permits remote connection through ZeroMQ and Protocol Buffer.

As you can imagine, the compiled libraries available through apt-get are not very updated, so I'd like to compile the latest version.

Unfortunately, the sources are quite big (I just saturated my disk while compiling the protobuf lib) and the compilation time is quite long on the PMAC.

Is there a special way to perform a cross-compile for those libraries for the PMAC?

thanks a lot

gigi

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, the sources are quite big (I just saturated my disk while compiling the protobuf lib) and the compilation time is quite long on the PMAC.

BTW, I just tried the USB-stick procedure "PowerPmacFactoryReset" to restore the PowerBrick to factory settings, to retry the installation procedure of all the libraries (and get rid of unnecessary libs). The USB procedure however does restore only the PMAC Project, not all the Power PMAC (the linux layer). Is there an automatic procedure to do that or shall I proceed manually with the removal of unnecessary components?

thanks

gigi