Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plotting M vars from ACC72Ex
Hi all,
during a debugging session I tried to plot data coming from Acc72Ex only to find that I could only plot fuzzy data.

Looking better, if I plot the whole word without any filter , I can see a huge value ramping up despite the value shown on the watch window is constant

The variable is defined as Acc72EX[0].Udata16[3200]

Any ideas?

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm assuming Ptr. whole word is Acc72EX[0].Udata16[3200]. While it is ramping up, if you look at the left y axis, you can see that it is also basically constant in value. It's always 762.38*10^6. When I look at the watch window I see 1717, a completely different value.

Are you sure that pointer is pointing at that structure element? Also, at the top of your watch window, does it say online?
Yes everything's online

It's not possible to define a plot variable using Acc72Ex data structures (at least that I am aware of).
So I used the pointer variable.

I tried with another one, but result is the same:

ptr _Fieldbus_In62 ->Acc72EX[0].Udata16[3261] ;

In this variable I can read a value between 0 and 360 (degrees) in the watch window.

Here is the plot with the corresponding global variable for comparison:
red one is the ptr (ramping up with 10^6 values) and the violet is how it should look like.

Hopefully someone from DT will chime in...

Attached Files Image(s)

Acc72EX[i].Udata16[j] is an unsigned 16-bit integer with a range of 0 to 2^16-1=65535.
I'm seeing values of up to 762.38*10^6 when you plot the pointers. It would take 30 bits to store an unsigned integer that large.

You may try specifying the bits when you make your pointer.
PTR M__ -> Acc72EX[0].Udata16[3200].0.15
or
PTR M__ -> Acc72EX[0].Udata16[3200].8.23 (some turbo accessories will start at bit 8 instead of 0 in power)
Hi,
none of the suggestions is working. Any other ideas?
I believe your pointer is either rolling over, or showing both 16 words in that 32 bit register, when you only want one. Please provide your pointer definition as well as a screenshot of the "Process Data" window from the plot setup. If you select the variable in the column "Step 3 - data Processing" and click either scale factor or offset at the bottom, you will see this window.
(04-13-2018, 09:44 AM)Eric Hotchkiss Wrote: I believe your pointer is either rolling over, or showing both 16 words in that 32 bit register, when you only want one. Please provide your pointer definition as well as a screenshot of the "Process Data" window from the plot setup. If you select the variable in the column "Step 3 - data Processing" and click either scale factor or offset at the bottom, you will see this window.

Hi Eric, the pointer has this address:

M10271->Acc72EX[0].Udata16[3261]

And this is the screenshot

Attached Files Image(s)