Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CFG file have to be converted from Turbo to Power Brick
My previous controller is Turbo Brick controller with the using CFG file. Now, I have to update my current control system from Turbo to Power Brick. Does the Turbo Brick using CFG file still compatible with the new Power Brick controller ? If, No. How/Which variables I have to change? Thanks
No. It is a completely different platform. Although some I variables, and buffered commands may be backwards compatible, the configuration in its entirety needs to be re-integrated. That entails system and gate settings, user definitions, PLCs and programs re-written. The first step is typically attending a Power PMAC class. For a Turbo user, the transition is relatively easy but requires a significant amount pf work for a complete system.
(05-16-2017, 10:50 AM)Richard Wrote: No. It is a completely different platform. Although some I variables, and buffered commands may be backwards compatible, the configuration in its entirety needs to be re-integrated. That entails system and gate settings, user definitions, PLCs and programs re-written. The first step is typically attending a Power PMAC class. For a Turbo user, the transition is relatively easy but requires a significant amount pf work for a complete system.

I have a large project on a turbo pmac which needs to be ported to a power pmac. Only plcs, plccs and motion programs. The UI for the project is a vb.net interface that talks with the turbo via pcommserver.

Questions:
1. Is there a list of "areas" where the code will have to be modified?
2. Any consultants that want to take on the task?