OMRON Forums

PowerBrick Controller problem

kandauru

Hi,

we use Power Brick Controller and last Power PMAC IDE(2.2.0.39).

When I go to Tools->System Setup menu and enter System Setup Window,

the power brick controller looks like got reset and all parameters become default.

It creates a dangerous situation for us because we work with very heavy bridge in gantry mode. The only thing helps is to recompile and download all again.

With Power PMAC controller it does not happen.

Please, advise. Thank you in advance.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After you compile and download your project, did you issue the SAVE command? If you do not, then it will not store your project.

Also, are you sure that the Power Brick Controller is getting reset, and it is not just the System Setup Window?

When you first open System Setup, it reads some parameters from the PMAC (hardware ID, clock information, and EtherCAT licenses, for instance). However, the rest of the information (Motor/Amplifier information configuration) it takes from a database entry on the computer. If you set up the PMAC with System Setup and then click File -> New -> Setup, your System Setup window will reset, though the PMAC will still have the settings.

Hi,

of course I saved my project with SAVE command.

When I enter System Setup window the bridge motors behave very dangerously

(huge noise, unexpected jerk on motors). Again, I repeat, it happens only with Power Brick Controller. Maybe the switch off/on will help, but I don't want to take a chance.

Please, check it.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

of course I saved my project with SAVE command.

When I enter System Setup window the bridge motors behave very dangerously

(huge noise, unexpected jerk on motors). Again, I repeat, it happens only with Power Brick Controller. Maybe the switch off/on will help, but I don't want to take a chance.

Please, check it.

Hi

Did you got solution for this,

me also facing same problem but with CK3E controller,

Motor behaving vert abnormally, while issue save command,

it shows saved successfully, after rebooting that was older taking older values.