OMRON Forums

Very Urgent - Power PMAC IDE Communication Problem in Windows 8

Amar

Dear Sir,

I am having Windows 8 as my OS. I have installed Power PMAC IDE (Ver 2.2.0.39). We have two types of PPMAC CPU i.e. AMP86xxx (465) and 460EX. My Power PMAC IDE is communicating properly with 460EX which is having firmware 2.1.0.39 but not with AMP86xxx (465) which is having latest firmware 2.1.1.3.

Kindly reply at the earliest...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Amar,

Could you explain more about the issue?

with 465 CPU, can you open IDE and communicate?

If you can get into IDE, then under what condition does it fail communication when it's in IDE already?

We would like to have more info on the failure.

Hi Amar,

Could you explain more about the issue?

with 465 CPU, can you open IDE and communicate?

If you can get into IDE, then under what condition does it fail communication when it's in IDE already?

We would like to have more info on the failure.

No. I am not able to establish connection with CUP 465 at any instance. Even its not pinging. First time I am trying to connect with CUP 465. Before that I was working on CUP 460. And every thing is fine with CPU 460.

Just to make sure, you are trying to communicate at the default IP Address (192.168.0.200)?

To verify the IP Address of the 465 CPU, can you take an empty flash drive, create an empty folder on it named "PowerPmacIP", insert it into the 465 CPU while it is powered off, and then power the unit on? Once the unit has fully powered on, it will create some files in there. Please take the file "interfaces" (no extension), rename it "interfaces.zzz" (with ".zzz" as the extension), and email it to support at deltatau dot com.

I wonder if Amar is trying to connect to the ETH0 port using a network adapter that is configured for 100Mb/sec.

The ETH0 port on the 465 PMAC is Gigabit only. It will not auto-negotiate down to 100M.

He'll either need to setup ETH1 using the Usb stick method, or connect to ETH0 using a NIC card with Gigabit capability.

See this thread:

http://forums.deltatau.com/showthread.php?tid=2093

Dear All,

Thank you very much for yours valuable feedback..

I already tried all these things but nothing is worked. One more thing i need to notify is that same CPU (465) working properly with windows 7.