OMRON Forums

Hardware position capture upon index pulse on different channel

andyf

I would like to capture position of Motor[1] running on Gate3[0].Chan[0] in hardware upon the presence of an index pulse on Gate3[0].Chan[1]. It seems the position capture settings on the channel only support doing this with flags (CaptFlagChan and CaptFlagSel). Is it possible to do what I want by setting Motor[1].CaptureMode=0 and changing Motor[1].pCaptFlag to point to Gate3[0].Chan[1].Status.a ?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Richard. After reading more yesterday about the Motor[x] setup elements, I convinced myself those are only for the PMAC software servo to know where to read from hardware registers. But what I need is to configure the encoder gate hardware to latch position on chan[0] when index goes high on chan[1], and put the latched value in the h/w register chan[0].HomeCapt.a. I don't see a way to do this with the Gate3[].Chan[] setup elements.

Just to close this out, I did receive an answer directly via email from tech support as follows:

"Not at 3.3V but it would depend on the device. Some TTL drivers will output 5V with a 5V pullup resistor."