OMRON Forums

Use of Binary ROT Function

Raghav

Dear All,

I had come back with my very OLD problem again. Previously we didn't not have a DPRAM IC in our Turbo UMAC system. Recently we have upgraded to DPRAM option. I still have the same issue as before - RUNNING a large NC program from a file and also updating the HMI/GUI.

Currently, since we have the DPRAM option, I intend to use the BIN ROT BUFFER option and send the ASCII code by PmacDPRAsciiStrToRot() or PmacDPRAsciiFileToRot() function. I need to also update the machine motor status and run PLC in the background to update the HMI/GUI and safety aspects.

1) If I download a set of codes using the I16 & I17 buffer limits, can I reterive the status using the PR command while using the BIN ROT BUFFER.

2) Also can I close and open a buffer for sending the line as below:

OPEN BIN ROT BUFFER

SEND LINE 1 to 200

&1R (RUN command)

CLOSE BUFFER

PR command

IF( PR< I16)

OPEN BIN ROT BUFFER

SEND LINE 201 to 400

CLOSE BUFFER

PR command

"

"

"

"

"

CLOSE BUFFER

So how do I go about with the programming?

Is to possible to do it in the above mentioned way or should I follow a different option? Opening & closing the buffer

Will PR command work with BIN ROT?

Also we are not using PCOMM Server option as we have our GUI developed based on PCOMM Lib in C++.

Kindly suggest an optimal solution to implement this programming option. Looking forward for your quick reply.

Regards,

Raghav

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: The BIN ROTARY option didn't work. The AsciiStrtoBin() function seems to be not working.

I have three axes defined in &1 and all are in closed loop. I need to use the FRAX command in my NC code as well. I don't see any motion of the axes.

When BIN ROT is open, is it possible to send the DeviceGetResponse() call and get the StrRes return value?

Or should I use only the DPR Automatic function calls alone when the BIN ROT opened?

The ROT buffer call also stopped working after this.

What value of I57 should I use?

Kindly provide me a work around for this problem