OMRON Forums

Help 8 Virtual Axes on a Geobrick

rhombusvs

Hi I'm programming an 8 axis tool on a geobrick My customer has loaned me a second geobrick to do offsite development and I need to set the motors up as virtual drives on the second unit so I can develop my code. I have tried to follow the technical note on "simulated servo loop" and the forum article "Phatom motor" but for some reason I can not even get the first motor to behave. Graeme

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote='Richard' pid='541' dateline='1279726613'] This file allows the user to control 8 virtual motors on a Geo Brick Drive. [/quote] Thanks Richard, it looks like I was at least halfway there. I am getting an err018 when ever I try to move a motor.

[quote='Richard' pid='550' dateline='1279829142'] If the motor status has no errors, then the abort input error is triggered in the Global Status, and you might need to bring in the 24V abort input in to allow enabling/moving motors. [/quote] Hi Richard I am an idiot, I realised what I had not done that evening, you were absolutely right I had forgot to put the 24V onto the Abort input!