OMRON Forums

EtherCAT IO

DaveBarnett

I am having trouble with EtherCAT IO.

When “exporting Ethercat variables” …The IDE is supposed to populate a .h and .phm file of your choosing with appropriate #defines for your IO on the Ethercat bus.

Something like:

#define foo pshm->ECAT[0].IO[0].data

..etc.

But, when I try it, the files are empty (except for the comment header)

Anyone know what causes this? There is no error message. And, the EtherCAT IO is working.

Thanks in advance…

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

When “exporting Ethercat variables” …The IDE is supposed to populate a .h and .phm file of your choosing with appropriate #defines for your IO on the Ethercat bus.

Something like:

..etc.

Anyone know what causes this? There is no error message. And, the EtherCAT IO is working.

Thanks in advance…

Hello...

Did you got this sollution...?

...When “exporting Ethercat variables” …The IDE is supposed to populate a .h and .phm file of your choosing with appropriate #defines for your IO on the Ethercat bus.

While in the IDE with a project open: first, add the needed esi.xml files, Right click on the Master and select, "Configure the Master", setup the Clocks (Servo & Phase), setup your drives, map your PDO's, and setup the motors. Then right click on the Master and select, "export ethercat variables". This "export" step will create the .h, .pmh, and the ecatactivate0.cfg files.

Next, you probably want to create a configuration file by right clicking on the Configuration folder and selecting, "Generate Configuration File".

• 2 months later...

Something like:

..etc.

Thanks in advance…

Hello...

Did you got this sollution...?

thank you sir, got sollution