OMRON Forums

M-variable lost address definition after power cycle

jlmuir

Hello!

I have a Turbo PMAC2 VME Ultralite that is connected to a UMAC MACRO station, and the VME crate that contains the Ultralite was powered off, and upon powering back on, the Ultralite M-variables M961 and M962 had become self-referenced, that is, they had lost their address definition! The commands "M961->" and "M962->" reported "*" and "*", respectively.

Those M-variables were supposed to be defined as "D:$488" and "D:$48B", respectively. This occurred despite the fact that a "save" command had been issued to save parameters to non-volatile memory. None of the other Mxx61 and Mxx62 M-variables lost their address definitions for xx=1..32; it was only Mxx61 and Mxx62 for xx=9. The Ultralite firmware version (as reported by the "ver" command) is 1.943. The UMAC MACRO station firmware version (as reported by the "ms0,mi0" command) is 1.203.

As an additional data point, I have another Ultralite and UMAC MACRO system that had this same problem when it lost power due to a power outage. Again, when it was powered back on, just M961 and M962 had become self-referenced; they had lost their address definition. The firmware versions are the same as in the first system.

How do I prevent this from happening? Or is this a bug fixed in a firmware update?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is happening as you have confirmed on two separate boards, you could put the assignment as a command statement in your startup PLC (you DO use one, don't you?) :-) This will force the assignment before it gets used.

CMD"M961->D:$488"

CMD"M962->D:$48B" ; be sure to use quotes with Command

Are you sure there isn't a rogue line of code somewhere?

Strange.... I have no experience with the VME products.