OMRON Forums

Offline build

daves

IDE: 2.1.0.107

I'm seeing some weirdness and don't know if it is intentional but it is inconvenient.

I'm struggling to build my project to test the C compilation when not connected. This used to work fine on 2.0.3.40. Starting the IDE with No Device, then loading my project I get a message I've not seen before (I don't get this choice when changing communication settings once the IDE is running):

---------------------------

Comparing Project IP Address

Phase2.ppproj IP Address (195.0.0.1) is different from Power PMAC IDE's IP address (No Device). Would you like to change your project's IP Address to match Power PMAC IDE's IP Address?

Yes No

It doesn't matter which I choose in terms of the failure (see below).

If I choose No the behaviour changes depending on if I actually have a device connected. If I do, it goes ahead and uploads libraries and says (195.0.0.1:PowerPC,APM86xxx) on the project. If there is truly no device the project says (195.0.0.1:Disconnected) for a second, then just (195.0.0.1:). Then on build I get the additional message:

Upload libraries failed

Uploding Power Pmac Libraries Failed. Do you wish to continue the build process with your default set of libraries

Yes No

Choosing No aborts, so I choose Yes (note: There is a spelling mistake here, a few capitalisation errors and a missing question mark).

Then the errors appear on all the background C apps (names redacted):

Build Process For ███.out has started.

███: Error : /usr/local/dtlibs/libppmac/libppmac.so: undefined reference to `__wrap_printf'

███: Error : /usr/local/dtlibs/libppmac/libppmac.so: undefined reference to `__wrap_fwrite'

███: Error : /usr/local/dtlibs/libppmac/libppmac.so: undefined reference to `__wrap_fprintf'

███: Error : /usr/local/dtlibs/libppmac/libppmac.so: undefined reference to `__wrap_puts'

███: Error : /usr/local/dtlibs/libppmac/libppmac.so: undefined reference to `__wrap_free'

███: Error : /usr/local/dtlibs/libppmac/libppmac.so: undefined reference to `__wrap_fputs'

███: Error : collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Build Process For ███.out has ended.

How do I do an offline build?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not project specific. Projects work at home, not in the office. A blank new project fails in the office.

I have hunted it a bit for you, here are some clues:

* I'm using a 460 card at home, a 465 at work

* I haven't connected my work system to a 460 since reinstallation of IDE

* __wrap_printf appears to be in "C:\DeltaTau\Power PMAC IDE\compilers\opt\powerpc-465-rootfs\usr\local\xenomai-2.6.2.1\lib\libpthread_rt.so.1.0.0" at work

* __wrap_printf appears to NOT be in "C:\DeltaTau\Power PMAC IDE\compilers\opt\powerpc-405-rootfs\usr\local\xenomai-2.5.6\lib\libpthread_rt.so.1.0.0" at work

* Offline build puts "PMAC_ARCH=ppc405" in the makefile

I haven't checked the libraries at home but could they be different? Maybe they are meant to be different. I'll try to find a 460 at work and connect...

Before re installing the IDE, what device did you communicate with? To set the original default Power PMAC libraries for a no device build (Libraries that you get on your very first IDE installation) do the following:

1. Go to the directory: C:\DeltaTau\Power PMAC IDE\compilers\usr\local

2. Rename "dtlibs" folder to "dtlibs old"

3. double click on dtlibs.exe and let it extract in the current folder.

4. check your IDE again to see if you can do a No Device build.