OMRON Forums

How to set/read I/O programatically through pointer mapped

Ychu

I am trying to read a digital I/O input from my application. I know the pointer name that is mapped to the register. For example,

// set in the global definitions.pmh

ptr IoCard1RegIn1->u.io:$C00000.8.8

I could just type IoCard1RegIn1 at IDE terminal but when I tried to send this same string from my application, I would get ILLEGAL PARAMETER error.

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your application? Do you mean a host program (e.g. GUI)?

Are you using our PDK in C#? You can use the GetResponse method in the ISyncGpasciiCommunicationInterface class to send variable names.

If you are going through a Telnet interface, make sure you issued "gpascii -2" to enter the ASCII communication terminal of the PPMAC.

Your application? Do you mean a host program (e.g. GUI)?

Are you using our PDK in C#? You can use the GetResponse method in the ISyncGpasciiCommunicationInterface class to send variable names.

If you are going through a Telnet interface, make sure you issued "gpascii -2" to enter the ASCII communication terminal of the PPMAC.

Thanks Charles.

No I am not using PDK but open source SSH library. I still get the error even when I launched gpascii with option -2. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Ychu,

Can you send me a screenshot of the errors you are getting?

Also did you make sure your variable definitions are currently downloaded?

The general procedure for using SSH is

Password: deltatau

Issue gpascii -2

Then it should recognize all variable names and act just like the IDE Terminal. Please note that variable names are case-sensitive.