OMRON Forums

IDE Fails after Win10 Update 1511 04/05/16

Unit101

Today 04/05/16 Windows 10 did a update on my machine.

New Build is 10586.71 Build 1511

Win 10 Pro

- After this update IDE will not do a build download.

Error in IDE Build/Download is:

C:\DTau_Training\Demos-Power\PowerClipperD129-NC\PPNC_PmacSource\PPCNC_ProjectSource\PPCNC_ProjectSource.ppproj(191,5): Error MSB4062: The "PPMAC460CompileTask.CompileTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\PPMAC460CompileTask.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\PPMAC460CompileTask.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the declaration is correct, and that the assembly and all its dependencies are available.

- Reason is that 2 files are NOT copied to the NEW version of Windows installed after this update.

- To Fix this:

- go to new directory created by update C:\Windows.old\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5

- copy 2 files PPMAC460CompileProcess.dll, PPMAC460CompileTask.dll

- copy these to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5

- Now that these files are in correct place of NEW Win10 the IDE will Build OK

- Close and restart the IDE after doing this.

- Post here if this works for you OR if it does NOT...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on Win10 issues with IDE after Update:

- also had problems with opening a project based on the extension .PowerPmacSuite_sln

- breaks the link to IDE, no big deal

- I updated my IDE to latest release .107

- simply ran the install - DID NOT Uninstall v .40

- it saw that I had .40 and updated, installed new version perfectly

- All is working fine at this point

- So the Win10 1511 update created a whole new Windows Directory in my case and it

moved the old Win dir to "Windows.old" directory

- it did not get the 2 PPMAC460Compile files and move them to the new Win10 dir

- I suspect Windows does not expect those files to be be in that directory so ignores them.

• 1 year later...

Got same error on a Windows 7 machine after upgrading from IDE 3.1.06 to 3.1.1.0 via the patch

.Net Framework is v4.0.30319

The DLLs were not present in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5 or v4.0 but adding them did not solve

the error is :

Error The "PPMAC460CompileTask.CompileTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files\MSBuild\14.0\bin\PPMAC460CompileTask.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\MSBuild\14.0\bin\PPMAC460CompileTask.dll' or one of its dependencies. Impossibile trovare il file specificato. Confirm that the declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

Any ideas?