OMRON Forums

ACC-84E dual read head set up

andreef

We are integrating a high precision rotation stage into our existing system. The encoder system uses two 32bit Renishaw RESOLUTE read heads (BISS C protocol) to improve accuracy. We plan to use an ACC-84E card. First, we are interested if two read heads can actually be used simultaneously as a feed back to a single axis. And secondly we are wondering if anybody has done something similar and could provide some guidance. - Andre

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not done it, but it definitely can be done.

Set up an encoder conversion table (ECT) entry for each read head. Then, point Motor[x].pEnc to the ECT entry for the encoder you want to use for position, and point Motor[x].pEnc2 to the ECT entry for the encoder you want to use for velocity. At least, I assume that is what you want to do.

If you actually want to use two read heads to extend the length of travel, that's fine too, but you would have to use an RTPLC to switch encoders at the appropriate travel position. There are resources on the forum for that as well. I can link it here if you need.

Thanks Charles for the responding so quickly. I was aware of the two ETCs for position and velocity but I think that is not quite what I am after. The two encoders read the same track but are mounted diametrically so that we can use the two position readings to compensate for eccentricity of the rotating disk.

Thanks Charles for the responding so quickly. I was aware of the two ETCs for position and velocity but I think that is not quite what I am after. The two encoders read the same track but are mounted diametrically so that we can use the two position readings to compensate for eccentricity of the rotating disk.

Add a third entry after the first two and use summing to add them

EncTable[0].type=1

EncTable[0].pEnc=Acc84E[0].Chan[0].SerialEncDataA.a

EncTable[0].type=1

EncTable[1].pEnc=Acc84E[0].Chan[0].SerialEncDataA.a

EncTable[2].type=8

EncTable[2]pEnc=EncTable[0].PrevEnc.a

EncTable[2]pEnc2=EncTable[1].PrevEnc.a