OMRON Forums

How to load compensation table from CSV file?

kandauru

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have no idea how the file should look. But in your training slides there is the section about compensation tables (which I guess is what you are speaking about) and you have examples there how to organize this data in a file format that can be downloaded by the IDE project. And in the end the data needs to be part of your project.

You will include the values of the compTable numbers. For one dimension (Linear) when NumOfZones =10, the format will be like this

for two dimensions (Planar) when NumOfZones =10, the format will be like this

100 ,29

please let us know if you have any other questions.

The input is very picky. If you have some extra at the end of the file you get errors.

100 ,29

Selecting file from host computer

Input string was not in a correct format.

Unable to map data file "C:\Delta Tau IDE\comptest2.csv" to DataGridView. First check CompTable dimension and correct data file and then try again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

I have couple of questions regarding compensation table:

1) the values entered into the table - what is this? The difference (correction) between target position and measured one when the target was reached

or absolute corrected position?

2) I built 2 compensation tables using GUI in PowerPMAC IDE. Although Sys.CompEnable=2, I didn't see it working. For point 100 mm I put the correction of 50 mm, just to see it working, but running distance, anyway, was 100 mm. Please, advise.

3) If I have two motors in gantry mode, should I prepare something specific, or it is enough to setup up compensation table for "master" motor only?

Thank you in advance!

1. The table points are the offset from the commanded position.

2. Look at motor[].comppos to see if data is being compensated. If not look at comp table scale factor and other setup parameters.

3. each motor has its own comp values as these are mechanical based. If you want the same for each then just have both motors as targets from one table