Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACC-14E, connector TB1
Hello,
I am currently using the ACC-14E to interface with other TTL GPIO equipment and I have run into abit of a snag. It seems that the ACC-14E can't output enough power to keep 5V; it goes down to 3.4V when I plug in more than one output on the same DataRegister.

I could solve this by adding a electronic buffers to each and single output but that would require soldering which I would preferably avoid.

My question is, could I beef up the power output of the card? When I pull out the card I see an empty connector for GND and 5V (TB1)? Could I plug in an external 5V powersource into this?
I couldn't find anything in the documentation on the matter, but perhaps I missed something?

Best Regards,
Christer
What are the load characteristics of the devices you have connected to the ACC14E?
they are at 10kohms
As outputs, each line is an open collector that can be pulled up externally to 5V, and is capable of sinking 10 mA while holding a standard TTL “low” output level.

Pin49 +V on J4 & J5 connector is internal +5V signal. I do not recommend you to apply external power to this pin.
(02-11-2016, 02:04 PM)akirao Wrote: As outputs, each line is an open collector that can be pulled up externally to 5V, and is capable of sinking 10 mA while holding a standard TTL “low” output level.

Pin49 +V on J4 & J5 connector is internal +5V signal. I do not recommend you to apply external power to this pin.

ah, thanks for the response on the matter! I was hoping to avoid additional modifications on the cabling between the device and the ACC-14E but maybe it is unavoidable.

The TB1 connector (GND and 5V, unconnected) is however on the card and not (seemingly) connected to J4 & J5. This should always remain unconnected?

Best Regards,
Christer